Monday, March 11, 2013

First Experiences with Sony Vegas Pro 12

As you might know, I make YouTube Videos for my YouTube channel. If not, now you know. I took a 3 month hiatus from producing videos because I needed to get away for a while. Making videos for YouTube used to be my favorite thing ever, but recently I stopped enjoying it as much and decided I didn't want to continue. I'm sure this had a lot to do with my Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD, which is the same thing as seasonal depression. In the winter I basically hate everything and that includes things that I normally like, like making videos.

This school year, I took a class at my school called TV Productions where we learn how to use fancy cameras and the oh-so-fancy Final Cut Pro editing software. Lately, after making a video on how to make rainbow cupcakes, I just got so into it, and decided to resume my channel. I also had to film a video for a website that sent me a product to review, so that kind of kick-started my video making again.

Anyways, I normally use Windows Movie Maker for my videos, but after experiencing the wonders of Final Cut Pro, I decided I needed to step it up a bit, so I downloaded Sony Vegas Pro. It looks pretty similar to Final Cut Pro, but it works so much differently. I still have a hard time figuring it out, and have spent a couple hours fooling around with it and watching tutorials for it, but I still can't quite get it down. For now, I think I'll continue editing with Windows Movie Maker, but try to learn Sony Vegas Pro on the side.

Here's a video that shows you how to get it for free:



Here's another video showing how to use it:

No comments:

Post a Comment